Monday, May 21, 2007

Together Forever - new ACEO finished


I completed this little picture on the 19th May.

'Together Forever' measures 2 1/2 by 3 1/2 inches and is an image of an elderly couple who have spent their lives together.

I originally envisaged the piece as a young couple but as I embroidered the details of the woman's skirt and boots, it appeared to me to be more of a traditional European folk costume, and I thought it would be more suitable for the couple to be older people.

The main part of the picture is made by filet crochet in pink coloured cotton, and the details of the clothing, faces and hair are embroidered in silks, in tiny stitches over each crochet stitch.
The border is also embroidery silks, and the picture is backed with dark coloured denim.

The picture is available to purchase from
javaslublu on Etsy

No comments: